OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.
WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad

We introduced Corel's third mobile app today… the first Productivity app from Corel designed to work on both the iPhone and iPad.

Available from iTunes for purchase today, our loyal users will now be able to view, share and store their WordPerfect documents on the go! Users who rely on WordPerfect will now be able to take care of business on the fly and keep important projects moving.

If you work with WordPerfect documents and have an iPhone or an iPad, please check out the apps at www.corel.com/wpiphoneviewer & www.corel.com/wpipadviewer . Make sure you let us (and the rest of the world) know how much you like them!

Cheers,

Jay

Posted Tue, Jan 18 2011 11:18 AM by Jay Larock

Comments

jbh001 wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Tue, May 31 2011 10:12 PM

Today, Apple released its iWork office productivity suite for the iPad AND iPhone. The previous iOS version only worked on the iPad.  www.macrumors.com/.../apple-launches-iwork-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch

If you want to edit MS Word and Excel documents on your iPad or iPhone, you can use Documents To Go. itunes.apple.com/.../id317117961

If you want to edit WordPerfect files on your iPad, you are out of luck.

Granted, I'm not sold on the thought of creating a document using the iPhone's keyboard, but being able to use the iPhone with a video out cable to drive a projector or TV is a nifty way to do a presentation. I did this just a few days ago. I had to modify a Keynote presentation to just images and upload them to my iPhone to get it to work. While I was pleased with the results, being able to use Keynote directly from my iPhone will eliminate some of the steps.

OCAliAD wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Sun, Aug 28 2011 11:18 AM

Any plans for an app for Android?  I receive WordPerfect email attachments all the time and am frustrated that I can't open them on my Android phone.

PaulAlanLevy wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:29 AM

This is a good beginning, but I am with jbh001.  We need the capability of working with WP documents, not just looking at them.  IS such an app in the works?

shrub wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:23 PM

When will there be a Wordperfect Viewer App for the Blackberry and Blackberry Playbook?

Dave B wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Mon, Oct 17 2011 4:24 PM

Any news on an Android WP viewer?

Cal-MI wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:21 AM

I hoped there was a template available for preparing documents for Android viewing. Not found any yet. I set my page for 4 x 11 inch format with 0.125" margins all around. After I have created the document, I export it to PDF and make the PDF available for others to view on smartphones.

It seems to work, but I wish I could eliminate page breaks.

Cal-MI wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:47 AM

Only problem is, the hyperlinks are not hot in any PDF viewer I have tried. And when I exported the document to HTML, from WP, the pictures disappear.

I  wonder if I can export the document with pictures and hotlinks to MS Word format?

Gilsworth wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:01 PM

I'm very disappointed with the new version of the iPad viewer. It no longer has the ability to resize text. Also the integration with dropbox doesn't work for me!

msiegel wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:18 AM

WP for IPad.

With all the tens (hundreds) of thousands of iPad/phone apps in the marketplace, it truly astounds me that there is not an app that will allow me to open, edit and create WP doc's on my iPad.

Really, a genuine state of disbelief overcomes me.  A viewer may be nice, but it does not come close to cutting it when a WP doc needs to be opened or, for that matter, when I want to create a WP doc on my iPad.

How lame is it to try to convert a .pdf of a WP doc into a usable file?   Really inept.

Sorry, but it is not as if the iPad were launched just this year.  What kind of a company does Corel think it projects as not being able to develop a usable app for the iPad?

Makes one wonder.

Mark

NgaireGenge wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Tue, May 14 2013 11:48 PM

Hi!

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with the lack of iPad support for WordPerfect documents.

I admit, I've been way behind on updating my current version of WP, still typing away in WP 11!  Figuring I should get with the times, I came to see what the support was like for ebooks and iPad.  It seems odd to me that X6 helps create ebooks - which I read exclusively on my iPad :) - but that I still can't edit my native WP documents on the same device?!

Frankly, the viewer isn't much of an incentive either.  Most major document creation programs - even specialty applications like Final Draft - have a viewer available for free.  My current situation, if I stay with WP, is that I would have to ask people receiving my documents to pay $6 just to see them.  That is not an attractive proposition - in fact, I think it is pretty much a deal breaker for a continued relationship with WP.  Which really doesn't make me happy.

I would love to continue using WP, but, as I work more and more on my iPad, and other people around me work more on their mobile platforms, it just doesn't seem practical.

Hope to see big moves forward soon!

Ngaire

Ilbbrief wrote re: WordPerfect Viewer for the iPhone and iPad
on Mon, May 27 2013 12:09 PM

To Jay, who asked to let others know how much we like the ipad apps, I say, sadly, that today I retired WordPerfect from all use in my law practice after over 15 years as a dedicated user. The WordPerfect viewer is worthless.    Because I can not modify WP document  from my iPad, which I use everyday in court,  I started using Word and am now using it exclusively.  I know only one lawyer still using WP and I know his staff is learning Word to eventually phase out WP.  If Corel intended to drive away legal practitioners, it could not have done a more effective job.  What a waste.

© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.