OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

how to create a fillable form in wordperfect x5

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
garypev Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:46 PM

I would like to make a couple of fillable forms for the local hockey association with x5 but can't seem to find out how. There are plenty of word instructions around but didn't see any for wordperfect x5

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 809
lemoto replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 1:34 PM

Forms handling is a neat add-on in Word, not paralleled in WP.

If you will explain just what the folk are expected to do with the form, in what format, and how, using which program (if any), it may be possible to devise a suitable scheme.

"Fillable form" is a generic label. The assumptions you have are not known to others. Example: are the items to be inserted user-generated, or chosen from predefined lists?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 771

garypev:
I would like to make a couple of fillable forms for the local hockey association with x5 but can't seem to find out how.

I'm also confused.

Are the forms to be used by the local hockey association to be filled out on their computers, using WPX5? 

Or are the forms to be created in WPX5 and then printed for distribution to the local hockey association, which will fill them out on the paper?

If the former, see http://wptoolbox.com/tips/FillForm.html

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more
at http://wptoolbox.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
RDonline replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:38 PM

I think what he means is this:  how can you use WordPerfect to create a PDF file which has fillable forms.

For example, my firm has a contract for services that has specific fields for customers to sign, enter initials, and date.   The contract is created with WordPerfect X5, then exported as a PDF, then editted using Adobe Acrobat Pro to add the fillable fields for the customer.   

It would really be nice, if there were some way in WP X5 to indicate a "fillable field" such that we could make the edits in WP X5 and do the "publish to pdf" and then NOT have to edit it in Acrobat to put in the fillable fields.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
garypev replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 5:33 PM

Rdonline has it correct in what way I would like to see it done. Make up a fillable form in wordperfect x5 make a pdf and send out to hockey parents to be filled in and emailed back to me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.