OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Strange printer driver problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
DeVallon Posted: Wed, Mar 7 2012 12:26 AM

I'm looking for help for a strange problem: I have WP X5 on Windows 7 Home Premium. Suddenly, when I print, whether to printer or publlishing to PDF, only the left half of the page prints. I can't even imagine what to do about this. Should I just reload? Any thoughts? If you can help, thank you very much. Adding to this issue: today I ran the "Repair" routine from the install disk; it had no impact on the printer driver problem.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 777
lemoto replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 1:44 PM

Is the page "Divided" (in Page Setup) so that one physical page carries two logical pages?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5

No. That's part of why it seems so weird. However, I did get an article from WP support which sent me into REGEDIT and a list of things to do. It seems to have cured the problem, so I'm happy. I still don't understand what happened, but I guess I should be happy that the problem is solved.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 777
lemoto replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 5:05 AM

Glad to hear. It would be interesting to know the steps that fixed things.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
DeVallon replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 8:08 AM

Here's the link they sent me by Corel. I just followed the steps. My only issue was it says to back up the registry files, but doesn't really say how. I didn't seem to be asked to do anything permanently undoable, so I didn't worry about it too much. http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/754014-Troubleshooting-Printing-problems-with-WordPerfect

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 777
lemoto replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 2:11 PM

TVM!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.