OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Change default paper source

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Robert2003 Posted: Tue, May 29 2012 11:02 AM

Hello All,

We have been using WPX4 for years now. Recently somehow with our Brother HL-5370DW printer the paper source default has been switched to manual. I cannot change it back to the default value of auto select! Using the Corel's document 3461 - restoring WordPerfect to its factory defaults has not helped. I have tried uninstalling WP and the printer drivers and then reinstalling them both to no avail. Corel does not support X4 any longer.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.  Robert Lummerding

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Robert2003 replied on Tue, May 29 2012 11:07 AM

As an update. I also tried to save the printer defaults under Edit settings also to no avail.

When I select Print

Under the Main tab I select properties and the brother driver comes up with manual as the paper source. I select auto select press OK and when I select properties again it still shows manual as the paper source. This problem is only on WPX4 on only one computer. This same computer has Quattro with no issues. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again.

Robert Lummerding

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 79
tlnett replied on Tue, May 29 2012 12:16 PM

Try Corel document   3546   (000003546 - Troubleshooting Printing problems with WordPerfect®)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Robert2003 replied on Tue, May 29 2012 12:28 PM

Thank-you Tinett.

I tried 3799 - how to save print settings but that did not help. I will now try 3546. I will let you know.

Robert

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 809
lemoto replied on Tue, May 29 2012 1:08 PM

This is a nuisance to set up but gives more flexible results:
For each tray, create a new Paper Size/Type specifying as Source (location varies with version) that tray (and likely reflecting the chosen tray in the name).

The available Sources are those offered by the printer driver.

Then in the document, choose the Paper S/T ad. lib.

If you use letterheaded paper: perhaps Tray 1 for Page 1 (letterhead) and Tray 2 thereafter, you can conveniently do this by using Delay Codes at the head of the document.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4

Hello Lemoto,

Tlnett suggestted that I look up document 3546 Trouble shooting Printing Problems. One of the suggestions was to rename the PrintEngine folder in the registry. That did the trick!  The default is back again.

Thank-you ALL for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Robert Lummerding

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 809
lemoto replied on Tue, May 29 2012 3:51 PM

Glad all is well now - thanks for the report.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.