OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Missing features

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 441
pascalc replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:09 AM

BarryMacDonnell:
I notice on my Windows 7/64bit system there are two versions of the IFilter file: WordPerfect IFilter 32 bit and WordPerfect IFilter 64 bit. I assume both should be removed before attempting to install WPX5 on a system with WPX6 already installed.

Correct.  This will be the case on all 64-bit versions of Windows.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 14

Barry and Pascal:

I removed the IFilter, installed X5 (it took 19 minutes and I have a 1.8 Pentium M. It's an old Dell but it works.

I'm going to use X5 when I'm working with Targets: In the Cross Reference menu, clicking on the Select Target automatically highlights (selects) the text there, which makes it very convenient to enter a new target text. In X6, I have to manually select it.

I'm still hoping somebody has a macro that would do what X5 does without thinking about it.

Again, I appreciate the time and effort all your guys (and a gal) spent helping me.

Good luck.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 441
pascalc replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:09 AM

BarryMacDonnell:
Is this information in the KB yet? An uninstall/install guide for users might be helpful, and I can link to it on my site.

The original KB article has been updated with this information.  I don't know if this will be good enough for your purposes, but at least the article now covers both possible reasons for that error message.

http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/000011399-WordPerfect-Office-X5-Another-version-of-this-product-is-already-installed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 775

Thanks! :-)

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more
at http://wptoolbox.com

Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.