OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Unknown file format error while merging

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
IDA_Dave Posted: Tue, Mar 30 2010 12:04 PM

I have a couple of users that are getting the Unknown file format error when they try to merge documents in Wordperfect X3 now.  These is a new issue since installing Wordperfect X3 over a year ago.  Can anyone tell me what the solution to this issue?

Thank you

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 294

The FRM file may be corrupted.  Copy the text and paste into a new file.  Rename the old FRM and name the new one the same as the old one. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
IDA_Dave replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 2:24 PM

This is the response I got from the user who tried your solution.

"Not working. Can't even use the database when I try to set up a new merge either."

What else can i look into?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 294

IF they have a problem with the database then that is another problem.  Is it a DAT database?  If so, try the same trick.

Make sure that all of their print drivers are valid too.

You can clean their Temp folder or use CCleaner but I doubt that it will solve this problem.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.