OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Word Perfect X5 Problems -- Anyone else having the same issues -- HELP!

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
charyl murray Posted: Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:52 PM

Am getting the following errors consistently using Windows 7 and WP x5:

(1) "Out of Disk Space" Error Message. While working on a document:

(a) When this message appears it usually is possible to continue working on the document.

(b) However, the same error message will reappear again and again.

(c) Eventually the document will freeze and another message to the effect of "Word Perfect has stopped responding" will appear and will force the shut down of the Word Perfect program.

(2) Document Corruption

(a) At this point, any future attempts to reopen or work within that same document are futile as the document is now corrupt.

(b) Sometimes it will be impossible to even open the document again and in other cases the document will reopen but immediately (or soon thereafter) shut down the Word Perfect.

(c) In addition, saving the document with a new name does not resolve the problem because the newly named document also contains the same corruption.

(3) This does not happen on every document but it hass been entirely impossible to anticipate when it will occur.

(4) Also, when a document is corrupted, many times there is no way to repair or salvage an electronic version.

(5) Consequences: This has created a serious crisis in word processing efforts as we have had to completely retype entire documents losing valuable time.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 767

Here's a place to start:

http://wptoolbox.com/tips/RepairDocs.html (troubleshooting tips and standard repair methods to fix documents and templates).

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more
at http://wptoolbox.com

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Thanks Barry.  That might help fix the document but I still need to know if this is a X5 problem????   Is Corel working on fixing this problem??? etc, etc.  Is there any specific system info that you all need to know.   Guess, I really need a Corel WP X5 expert!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 767

charyl murray:

Thanks Barry.  That might help fix the document but I still need to know if this is a X5 problem???? 

You won't know that until you have used the various remedies -- in the order given -- to fix document and/or template corruption. These are (statistically) more likely to be the cause of problems than the program itself.

Troubleshooting is basically the systematic process of eliminating possible causes, one at a time. Making assumptions about what else might cause the problem before you have eliminated known (or potential) causes, is likely to be frustrating and unproductive.

Again: Here's a place to start: -

http://wptoolbox.com/tips/RepairDocs.html (troubleshooting tips and standard repair methods to fix documents and templates).

Is Corel working on fixing this problem???

The first issue to address (as mentioned above) is whether it is a problem with the program or with a user file. If the problem turns out to be a user file (corrupt document, template, or Windows profile; outdated printer driver; etc.), then I don't think it is something Corel would address since it probably would not affect many users. But everything depends on what the problem is, exactly, and whether it can be replicated by Corel.

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more

Not Ranked
Posts 1

We are having the same exact issue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 767

EscobarSolutions:

We are having the same exact issue

Any my response would be the same as I gave above. :-)

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Arianna replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:47 AM

I have also same type of query.If you have got any idea than shared with me..!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 767

Arianna:

I have also same type of query.If you have got any idea than shared with me..!!!

See my previous posts above.

Sorry to say this, but ... When you have a problem that does not immediately seem to have a clear and obvious cause, you are going to have to do some systematic troubleshooting yourself -- which is why I posted the link above to my RepairDocs page.

I cannot see your screen or know what your system is like, and giving you a bunch of wild guesses ("ideas") based on a rather vague description of the problem is almost guaranteed to be a waste of everyone's time.

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7

I would suggest gathering the following information when posing questions related to file I/O errors:

1. What is the operating system (what version and what service packs)?

2. What drive or network path is being used? If a network path, what is the operating system (and hardware) of the server? (Network Access Storage using Linux have shown Windows compatibility issues in the past.)

3. What, if any, additional WordPerfect addons you have installed?

4. Is this a personal or corporate machine? (Corporate machines can often turn on more secure security permissions to normally user-accessible folders causing such problems.)

5. Is there ODMA, Sharepoint, WebDav, SkyDrive, G-Drive network-based file systems involved?

6. What virus scanner is installed?

7. What search engines are installed (with the exception of QuickFinder)?

8. What is the health of the hard drive/SSD of the main machine? (Maybe a sign of a upcoming hardware failure)

Normally, when providing technical support, the results of the msinfo32.exe program (as a text file) would be used to determine a good amount of this information. If you are unfamiliar with the tool, please search on Google...

The views expressed in this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.