OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

X6 does not work with 2008 R2

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
kurtla Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:35 AM

lol sound familiar?   It makes me wonder, R2 has been out since 7/09 and just last month sp3 for X5 came out to make it run better on R2 - what am I missing here, is the firm I take care of really the only one running remote access to this application?

Anyhow, I have X6 installed in an R2 VM that also has office installed.  office runs like a top.  X6 can sometimes fetch X5 documents but it crashes 100% of the time on a X6 fetch.  these are X6 docs that are created locally on the network.  When i created a file on the remote and saved it it opened up fine but I did not test it that much.  X6 also seems to work under an admin account without issue.  the program was installed correctly with a  change user /install - change user /execute and it has sp1 on it.  I have tried the usual, disable enhanced file, compatibility mode, disable printer redirection, etc

I assumed X6 would work as well as X5 with R2, especially since it has a service pack which should have  addressed anything like this, was I wrong - is it not supported?

I guess i could just run X5 but I would like the firm to use the same version if possible.  is there an issue fetching X6 files with X5, are there any caveats?

I have tried to years to get this firm to switch to office but its not going to happen so I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Not Ranked
Posts 2
kurtla replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:39 PM

Still waiting for a email on this matter from tech support.  This should be 1+1 right - either you tested X6 sp1 under R2 or you did not.  if you did then there is some magic setting or adjustment to make it not crash.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.