OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Default Folder Wordperfect 10 with Windows 7

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mlcarom Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:24 AM

Neither of the 2 options (even together) seem to work on the new Windows 7 system: Tools/Settings/Files/Set Default and/or Open/Change default folder.  I simply want to have the default to open to a designated folder. It worked with XP. Are there some nuances in Windows 7 that delete this feature?

Are there other features disabled by Windows 7?

Mlcaron

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 767

Mlcarom:
Neither of the 2 options (even together) seem to work on the new Windows 7 system: Tools/Settings/Files/Set Default and/or Open/Change default folder.

I don't recognize the first item, but I only have WPX4, WPX5, and WPX6 on my Win7/64bit home premium system.

Do you mean Tools/Settings/Files/Document tab/"Default document folder:"?

As for your other question: I don't believe Win7 disables any feature in WP, but since you are using WP10 with an operating system that is quite differently structured than Windows XP ... I'm surprised it works well enough to be useable. ;-)

- Barry -
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Tips, macros, and more
at http://wptoolbox.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 793
lemoto replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:49 PM

Mlcarom:
Neither of the 2 options (even together) seem to work on the new Windows 7 system: Tools/Settings/Files/Set Default

I find:

Tools>Settings>Files>Default document folder[           ]

and that works as advertised. Choosing a folder in the Program Files area may well not work.

and/or Open/Change default folder

I find File>Open>Edit>[x][Change Default Folder

and that works as advertised - when a file is chosen in that Dialog, a subsequent File>Open starts in the previously used folder.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.