OfficeCommunity.com
The official WordPerfect Office Community.

Looking for a good alternative to Corel WordPerfect Office 12 ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
dogboy Posted: Fri, Jun 28 2013 11:20 AM

Hi,

Let me apologize if this has been covered already - did a bit of searching but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Many Eons ago we purchased a Dell PC with WordPerfect Productivity Pack - Included WordPerfect 12 (also included were trial versions Quattro Pro 12 & Presentations 12 - but were never activated).  Have been quite happy with WordPerfect over the many years & am now preparing for the eventual demise of Windows XP.

Would like to avoid purchasing MS Office.  Have been testing Apache OpenOffice.org & LibreOffice.  Apache does not appear to be compatible with WordPerfect, LibreOffice very nearly is - doesn't quite carry the fonts over.

So my question - Does Corel have a low cost alternative to WordPerfect 12 we will be able to install on our new Windows 7/8 PC that is compatible with WordPerfect 12?   Will be able to open all docs in their current format, carry over all the fonts, colors, spacing, etc.  Perhaps all Corel products are capable?

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 436
pascalc replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 12:56 PM

Hello,

WordPerfect Office X6 Home & Student Edition is currently on sale on Amazon.com for $53.55 (probably due to their 4th of July sale).  WordPerfect X6 is fully compatible with WordPerfect 12; and both Windows 7 and Windows 8 are supported.

If you are wondering what is included in the Home & Student Edition, the following PDF explains the main differences between the different flavors of WordPerfect Office X6:

http://www.corel.com/static/product_content/wordperfect/x6/WPOX6_Comparison_Matrix.pdf

Cheers,

Not Ranked
Posts 2
dogboy replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 1:27 PM

That's exactly what I wanted to hear :)

While roaming Amazon X6 kept popping up.

Thank you Pascal

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are the views of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms of use.