I would suggest gathering the following information when posing questions related to file I/O errors:
1. What is the operating system (what version and what service packs)?
2. What drive or network path is being used? If a network path, what is the operating system (and hardware) of the server? (Network Access Storage using Linux have shown Windows compatibility issues in the past.)
3. What, if any, additional WordPerfect addons you have installed?
4. Is this a personal or corporate machine? (Corporate machines can often turn on more secure security permissions to normally user-accessible folders causing such problems.)
5. Is there ODMA, Sharepoint, WebDav, SkyDrive, G-Drive network-based file systems involved?
6. What virus scanner is installed?
7. What search engines are installed (with the exception of QuickFinder)?
8. What is the health of the hard drive/SSD of the main machine? (Maybe a sign of a upcoming hardware failure)
Normally, when providing technical support, the results of the msinfo32.exe program (as a text file) would be used to determine a good amount of this information. If you are unfamiliar with the tool, please search on Google...